Consumer Cellular Adds Automatic Upgrades, Improves Some Plans
Consumer Cellular that provides service for AARP members has added more minutes, texts and data to select plans without price increase. The carrier has also introduced new feature called Automatic Upgrades. Customers who go over their allotment will be automatically upgraded to a higher priced plan that includes used amount of minutes, texts or data. From now on, there will be no overage charges for going over allotments and customers will be able to return to the wanted plan without charges whenever they want.
Consumer Cellular has added more minutes to $20 talk plan; it includes 1000 instead of previous 750. The $30 talk plan now includes 2000 minutes, up from 1500 while $40 plan offers 4000 minutes, up from 3500.
Some of Consumer Cellular’s text and data Connect Plans have also been improved. The $5 plan now includes 2000 text messages and 200 MB of data instead of 1500 texts and 150 MB. The $10 plan has received only text increase; it now includes 5000 text messages instead of 3000 while data allotment has remained unchanged, 500 MB. After all these improvements, Consumer Cellular customers can choose from the following options:
Consumer Cellular voice minute plans
- $10 per month – Pay -Per-Use minutes for 25¢ per each
- $15 per month – 250 voice minutes
- $20 per month – 1000 voice minutes (was 750)
- $30 per month – 2000 voice minutes (was 1500)
- $40 per month – 4000 voice minutes (was 3500)
- $50 per month – unlimited talk
Consumer Cellular text and data plans
- $2.50 monthly plan – 300 texts and 30 MB of data
- $5 monthly plan – 2000 texts and 200 MB of data (1500 texts and 150 MB)
- $10 monthly plan – 5000 texts and 500 MB of data (was 3000 texts)
- $20 monthly plan – unlimited text and 1.5 GB of data
- $30 monthly plan – unlimited text and 3 GB of data
- $40 monthly plan – unlimited texts and 4 GB of data
Now that carrier is offering its new feature, Automatic Upgrades, customers won’t need to think about overage rates that used to be 25¢ per minute, 10¢ per text and 25¢ per MB or 1.5¢ on the highest priced plan. Consumer Cellular operates on AT&T and T-Mobile networks and offers voice, text and 2G data roaming and US-based customer support. The cost of their monthly plans, however, does not include taxes and fees (between 15% and 35%) so customers will pay additionally.
Source: Consumer Cellular