Consumer Cellular increases minute, text and data allotments
Consumer Cellular has announced today that most of its plans have been improved. Consumer Cellular increases minutes, text messages and data allotments without increasing the cost of monthly plans. The carrier has added minutes to all plans except $10.00 Anywhere Casual plan that has no minutes included whatsoever and $15.00 Anywhere 200 plan that has 200 minutes included.
- The $20.00 plan now includes 600 minutes instead of 500
- The $30.00 plan now includes 1200 minutes instead of 1000
- The $40.00 plan now includes 2500 minutes instead of 2000
- The $50.00 plan now includes 4000 minutes instead of 3000
- The $60.00 plan now includes 6000 minutes instead of 5000
Consumer Cellular has also added more text messages and additional megabytes to its Connect! Text Messages & Data Plans.
- The $2.50 plan now includes 200 messages and 20MB of data instead of 100 messages and 10 MB
- The $5 plan now includes 1000 messages and 100MB of data instead of 500 messages and 50 MB
- The $10 plan now includes 2000 messages and 300MB of data instead of 1000 messages and 100 MB
- The $20 plan now includes 1GB of data instead of 500 MB, 5000 messages remain unchanged
- The $20 plan now includes 2.5GB of data instead of 2GB, 15000 messages remain unchanged.
Consumer Cellular’s customers will be updated to increased minutes, text messages and data allotments automatically, starting today. The carrier will continue to provide free usage alerts when customers’ monthly voice, text and data allowances are close to being spent. Therefore, they will be able to switch between the plans accordingly as often as they need to in order to avoid overage fees. Switching between plans is not charged additionally; however, taxes and fees which are between 15% and 35% are not included in the monthly rates as they are with most of other prepaid carriers.
Consumer Cellular is an AT&T MVNO that offers LTE speeds, roaming (voice, text and 2G data) and AT&T postpaid coverage rather that prepaid.
In the official announcement, the Consumer Cellular CEO John Marick said:
“Over the last six years Consumer Cellular has increased voice, text and data allowances for our subscribers nine separate times. Giving customers more has always been our hallmark – whether it’s service, new devices, or minutes, texts and data to connect with family and friends. It’s a big reason why Consumer Cellular is approaching 1.5 million subscribers, and as the company grows we’ll continue to look for more ways to give back to our customers.”