Consumer Cellular Moto E LTE launches for $100
AT&T and T-Mobile MVNO Consumer Cellular has improved its prepaid Android smartphone lineup with the latest Moto E today. Consumer Cellular Moto E LTE is available for $100, in black and white. It can be purchased at the carrier’s website, by calling their customer call centers at (888) 345-5509, and at Sears and Target.
Besides 4G LTE connectivity, the Moto E features a 4.5-inch (960 x 540) display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection, 1.2GHz quad-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage and microSD card for up to 32GB of additional memory. It runs Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS and has a 5-megapixel rear panorama camera with 4x digital zoom, 720p HD video capture, a VGA front-facing camera and voice recognition. For connectivity, it uses Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and GPS and its battery provides up to 24 hours of mixed usage.
The Moto E LTE can be paired with Consumer Cellular’s talk plans and separate text messages/data plans. The talk plans include:
- $10 per month – Pay -Per-Use minutes for 25¢ per each
- $15 per month – 250 voice minutes
- $20 per month – 750 voice minutes
- $30 per month – 1500 voice minutes
- $40 per month – 3500 voice minutes
- $50 per month – unlimited talk
The plans that include text and data allotments are:
- $2.50 monthly plan – 300 texts and 30 MB of data
- $5 monthly plan – 1500 texts and 150 MB of data
- $10 monthly plan – 3000 texts (was 2500) and 500 MB of data
- $20 monthly plan – unlimited text and 1.5 GB of data
- $30 monthly plan – unlimited text and 3 GB of data
- $40 monthly plan – unlimited texts and 4 GB of data
Consumer Cellular is the number one rated wireless provider for those aged 50 and over. Their service includes roaming (voice, text and 2G data), US-based customer support and since recently, the carrier operates on T-Mobile network in addition to AT&T’s. It does not, however, include taxes and fees in the cost of monthly plans (between 15% and 35%).
Source: Consumer Cellular