Cricket Adds New Fee, Changes Some Existing Ones from April 23
AT&T’s prepaid brand Cricket Wireless announced today changes regarding charges and fees that will start applying on April 23, 2017. Cricket adds new fee, $3 Customer Assistance Fee that applies when paying for service in a Cricket store or Authorized Retailer stores. The $5 Customer Assistance Fee for paying over the phone with a Cricket Support Advocate will be lowered to $3, also from April 23.
Cricket will also increase the Reactivation Fee from $5 to $10 for multi-line accounts that pay for their bills between 2 – 29 days after Cricket Pay Date. Also for multi-lines only, the carrier is increasing BridgePay Fee to $10 instead of current $5.
New and Changed Cricket Charges and Fees
- $3 Customer Assistance Fee – applies when paying for the service in a Cricket store or Authorized Retailer stores – new
- $3 Customer Assistance Fee – for paying over the phone with a Cricket Support Advocate (currently is $5)
- $10 Reactivation Fee on multi-line accounts for paying 2 – 29 days after Cricket Pay Date (currently is $5)
- $10 BridgePay Fee on multi-line accounts (currently is $5)
Other Unchanged Cricket Fees and Charges
- $25 Activation Fee for new phones and BYOP in stores, no fee for activating online
- $25 Device Upgrade Fee in stores, no fee for activating online
- $15 Reactivation Fee for paying 30 – 59 days after Cricket Pay Date. On the 60th day, account gets canceled
- $25 online Non-Compliant Return Fee, up to $25 in store
- $15 Cricket Mobile Number Change Fee
- $3 Authorized Payment Location Payment Fee (Varies by location)
Customers can see all charges and fees on their account if they sign in to My Account or the myCricket app and go to the Account Summary tab.
Source: Cricket Wireless