GreatCall brings changes to its prepaid plan offerings
GreatCall has brought some changes to its prepaid service plans recently. The carrier has simplified its service offerings by providing three monthly plans that come only with select GreatCall’s well known Health & Safety apps, to which customers can add separate minute, text and data allotments for additional cost. Previously, GreatCall offered plans with health services bundled with minutes, a Custom plan with 50 voice minutes to which customers could add health services that they wanted for additional cost. Now, customers can choose from monthly Health & Safety Package plans, which include:
- $19.99 Basic plan – includes access to 5Star Service
- $24.99 Preferred plan – includes access to 5Star Service, Urgent Care and GreatCall Link
- $34.99 Ultimate plan – includes access to 5Star Service, Urgent Care, GreatCall Link, Handset Replacement and Personal Operator
5Star service allows users to contact live agent when in trouble that will locate the user by GPS, provide help and stay on the line until the problem is solved. Urgent Care provides 24/7 access to a live nurse that can help with health issues but can also get the doctor to contact the user within 30 minutes if necessary. GreatCall Link keeps the family and friends informed about health and safety of the owner of the phone. Handset Replacement gives option of getting a new phone if anything happens to the existing one while Personal Operator provides help with various tasks.
GreatCall also offers Health and Safety features as MedCoach that reminds user to take medications regularly, AliveCor Heart Monitor for tracking user’s heart health, Wellness Call for the motivation, Daily Health Tip and many more that are compatible with select handsets.
Also, there are Minutes-Only Plans available that start at $14.99 per month and that require a minimum of 40MB data plan that costs $2.49. Minutes-Only Plans are:
- $14.99 plan that includes 50 minutes,
- $19.99 plan that includes 400 minutes, (was 200)
- $29.99 plan that includes 800 minutes, (was 700)
- $39.99 plan that includes 1500 minutes and
- $49.99 unlimited talk and text plus 100 MB bonus data (was $59.99 plan with 2500 minutes)
Additional minutes when going over minute allotment are $0.35 per minute.
Share plans are also available for those who want to share service between more lines. To add additional monthly line will cost customers $14.99. The plans are:
- $29.99 Shared Plan with 800 minutes
- $39.99 Shared Plan with 1500 minutes
Text allotments that can be added to monthly Health & Safety Package plans remained the same. They are:
- $3 – 300 texts
- $6 – 700 texts
- $10 – 1250 texts
- $15 – 2500 texts
Overage rate for each text or photo messages sent or received over the allotment is $0.10.
And there are data allotments that carrier has improved, at least some of them:
- $2.49 – 40 MB of data (was 20)
- $5.00 – 100 MB of data
- $10.00 – 200 MB of data
- $15.00 – 500 MB of data
- $20.00 – 1 GB of data (was $25)
- $30.00 – 2.5 GB of data (was $45/2GB)
Additional data over your plan allowance is $0.10 per megabyte.
GreatCall’s customer service is a 100 percent U.S. based which is very important to seniors for receiving proper help when needed.