Karma Adds Premium Features – Creating Private Wifi Network, Sharing Data And More
Last month, MVNO Karma Mobility, which uses Sprint network to provide mobile broadband service, has added Premium features to its prepaid offerings. The premium features currently include one main feature, possibility to create a private network, and few sub-features that are possible if user has created a private Wifi network. Karma adds Premium Features as monthly add-ons. Pulse subscribers can try it for free for the first month.
By creating a private network, customers gain control of who can access their mobile broadband data. Private network can be turned on and off anytime. By creating a private WiFi network, other premium sub-features become available:
- Customers can create a unique network name that can include emojis.
- They can connect any device including printer, Dropcam, Xbox and other by using the passphrase of their private WiFi network.
- Customers can also share their Karma Go data with family members and friends. In order to connect, they just need to provide their loved ones with their custom passphrase and they can connect.
The Premium Features can be accessed on each iPhone or Android. They can be turned on within the mobile app or they can be enabled from web dashboard. For customers who are on Pulse plans, Premium Features are free for the first month while after it, customers will be charged $5 per month. Those who are on Refuel (Pay-as-you-go) will be paying $10 for the first month and $15 after that.
Karma’s Pulse plans include:
- $40 per month – 5GB of mobile broadband
- $75 per month – 10GB of mobile broadband
- $140 per month – 20GB of mobile broadband
On Pulse plans, data do not rollover. Also, users can earn $1 off their next bill when a guest connects to their Karma Go. There is also a Pay-as-you-go option (Refuel) that offers 1GB of data, which never expire, for $15. Additionally, users can earn 100MB when a guest connects to their Karma Go.
Currently, Karma runs a promotion that offers free month of service on Pulse 5 plan when purchasing a Karma Go. Karma Go hotspot costs $149. The offer is good until July 31, 2016.
Karma Mobility plans to add more Premium Features soon. For now, we know that customers will be able to save data by controlling their Karma Go’s speed. They will also be allowed to set the limit on how much data they want to use. Karma said that they will add “even more great features along the way.”