Page Plus adds unlimited data to the $55 and the $69.95 plans
TracFone owned Page Plus Cellular that operates on Verizon network has added unlimited data to two of its top plans, the $55 and the $69.95 plan. These two plans used to have a hard capped data, The 55 plan 3GB and the $69.95 plan 5 GB of high speed data. Now, Page Plus adds unlimited data that are throttled to 2G speeds after high speed data allotment. Throttled data are probably around 64Kbps like with other TracFone’s subsidiaries, including Straight Talk.
Page Plus Cellular Plans
The change has been effective since yesterday, December 17, 2014 with renewals. After the change, Page Plus $69.95 and $55 plans include:
- $69.95 plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 5GB at high speeds (LTE) plus 400 international calling minutes
- The 55 plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 3GB at high speeds (LTE) plus 200 international calling minutes
Other plans remain the same:
- $39.95 plan – unlimited talk, messaging, 1GB of data and 100 international voice minutes (overage rates for data 5¢ per MB, MMS is deducted from data allotment, after it, 5¢ overage is charged)
- $29.95 plan – 1200 voice minutes, 3000 texts and 500MB of data (overage rates 5¢ per min, message, MMS is deducted from data allotment, after it, 5¢ overage is charged)
- The $12 plan – 250 minutes, 250 texts and 10MB of data (overage rates 5¢ per min or message and 10¢ per MB)
Page Plus Cellular has recently started offering access to LTE with all monthly service plans except for The 12 Plan. LTE data speeds are limited and reach 5 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload. Page Plus’s US-based customer support in Ohio, that this carrier was respected for, will be closing January 16, 2015.
Straight Talk’s $45 unlimited monthly plan matches Page Plus’s $55 plan except for not having international minutes. Few days ago, Straight Talk has started activating Verizon LTE smartphones through its BYOD program while its only Verizon LTE-compatible smartphone ZTE Rapido LTE is available for a while now.
Source: Page Plus Cellular