Page Plus Increases Data on $55 and $69.99 Plans
TracFone owned Page Plus Cellular has joined other prepaid carriers in increasing high speed data on select plans without price change. Page Plus increases data on the $55 and the $69.99 plans. The $55 plan that used to offer 5 GB of data now includes 8 GB at high speed. The $69.99 plan offers 10 GB of high speed data instead of previous 7 GB.
Page Plus Cellular Plans
After the latest change, Page Plus monthly plans include:
- $12 plan – 250 minutes, 250 texts and 10 MB of data
- $29.95 plan – 1500 voice minutes, unlimited texts, 1 GB of data, unlimited international texting and a $10 per month international calling credit
- $39.95 plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 3 GB at high speed, unlimited international texting and a $10 per month international calling credit
- $55 plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 8 GB at high speed (was 5 GB), unlimited international texting and a $10 per month international calling credit
- $69.95 plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 10 GB at high speed (was 7 GB), unlimited international texting and a $10 per month international calling credit
Comparing Page Plus to Verizon Prepaid and Verizon MVNOs
Even though Page Plus is trying to follow steps of others who are competing between themselves, it’s still not enough.
Page Plus used to be one of the best prepaid options for customers who prefer service on Verizon network. It was cheaper, richer with data and had US-based customers service. Since then, the carrier’s been acquired by TracFone, which downgraded Page Plus in many ways. Also, Verizon put some serious effort to its prepaid division lately and that’s resulted with Page Plus falling behind Verizon itself.
Verizon has improved offerings of its own prepaid division by adding couple of new plans. The more expansive of the two is $70 plan with 10 GB of high speed data. This plan allows hotspot and rolling over data for a month. It also includes international messaging to more than 200 countries and its unlimited data are throttled to up to 128Kbps as opposed to TracFone’s max 64 Kbps. Page Plus offers autopay discount on plans which makes 10GB of high speed data available for $64 per month, while Verizon doesn’t offer any additional discounts. And let’s not forget to mention that LTE on Verizon MVNOs is limited to 5Mbps and on its own prepaid division LTE is full speed.
Those who have no problem with TracFone owned providers can choose from Verizon MVNOs Total Wireless and 5 GB of data for $35 (extra 3 GB for $10 with rollover). Also Straight Talk has a $55 plan with 10GB of data.
Comparing Page Plus To Other Providers
For $70 or $65 with autopay, AT&T’s Cricket Wireless offers unlimited high speed data but its LTE is limited to 8Mbps and 4G to 4 Mbps (Page Plus LTE is limited to 5Mbps). T-Mobile’s MetroPCS offers unlimited un-throttled LTE data for $60 per month. Those who prefer service on Sprint network can still take advantage of TPO Mobile’s 54.99 plan (with autopay). This plan includes unlimited data with 50 GB at high speed but it’s a limited time offer. There is also Boost and Virgin Mobile’s plans. Boost is offering unlimited everything for $50 per month but videos, music and gaming streaming is optimized. Virgin offers 10GB for $45 with free unlimited music screaming.