Page Plus releases more details on LTE launch
Verizon MVNO Page Plus Cellular owned by TracFone has updated its dealers yesterday via an email with some more details on LTE launch. Initially, Page Plus has announced getting LTE in October. That particular information hasn’t been changed with this update since carrier failed to reveal when exactly in October that might happen. But Page Plus did reveal how things will work ones LTE becomes available.
Page Plus’s online dealer Kitty Wireless has revealed received email on its forum:
“New 4g LTE Information from Page Plus
Just released from Page Plus today:
– New policy regarding ALL (3G and 4G) activations: When 4G launches, all new activations and port-ins will require that a plan PIN be applied to the new account at the time of activation. In the case of port-ins, the PIN will be in a reserved state until the port completes. So, a 3G New Activation or Port-In will require at least a $10 PIN and a 4g New Activation or Port-In will require at least a $29.95 PIN at the time of activation or port.
– In conjunction with the above, we will no longer provide a complimentary $2.00 credit on the account at activation.
– Compatible LTE devices and Page Plus SIM cards are required for Page Plus 4G LTE. LTE devices from other carriers will not work.
– ESN swaps: You will NOT be able to perform an ESN swap between a 3G device and a 4G device. You WILL be able to do a 3G-to-3G swap, and a 4G-to-4G swap (simply by swapping the SIM cards).
– The importance of power cycling: When making any changes to the account of a 4G device, it will require power cycling the device to get the changes to go through.
– Temporary numbers: We will no longer be using temporary phone numbers to port in, for both 3G and 4G. The plan PIN from a port-in activation will be held until the port completes, then applied, rather than moving a plan/balance from a temporary number.
– Device upgrades/downgrades: Upgrading from a 3G to a 4G device, and downgrading from a 4G to a 3G device, will not impact the active plan or expiration date. This applies to customers staying on the SAME PLAN and just upgrading/downgrading their device.
More information to be coming soon.
Page Plus 4G LTE service will be available with all monthly plans except with The 12 plan on devices that are 4G LTE enabled. All monthly plans will continue to be available for 3G service as well. In addition, “4G LTE SIM cards will be Page Plus specific” and customers will be able to get them through their Master Agent also in October.
Update: Kitty Wireless no longer exists.
Source: Kitty Wireless