Republic Wireless GSM Phones And Plans Now Available
As previously announced, Republic Wireless GSM phones and plans are now available. Thanks to expanding its cellular coverage by partnering with T-Mobile (used to be on Sprint only), customers can now purchase nine new GSM smartphones. New GSM prepaid service plans, which are compatible with new GSM phones and which start at $15 per month, are also available starting today. Up until now, Republic’s phone lineup was limited to a small number of Sprint-compatible CDMA handsets but now, that’s changed.
Republic Wireless GSM phones
Starting today, Republic’s customers can choose from nine new GSM smartphones including the latest Moto G versions:
- Google Nexus 6P by Huawei – 32GB $499, 64GB $549 and 128GB $649 (for the first 1,000 Nexus 6P orders, there is a $100 discount)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 – 32GB $699
- Moto X Pure Edition – 32GB $349
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) – 16GB $179
- Google Nexus 5X by LG – 16GB $349, 32GB $399
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge –32GB $799
- Moto G4 – 16GB $199, 32GB $229
- Moto G4 Plus – 64GB $299
- Samsung Galaxy S6 – 32GB $549
Customers can purchase them by paying a full phone’s price, or can take advantage of financing with Affirm.
Republic Wireless GSM plans
All above mentioned smartphones can be paired with any of the new Republic Wireless GSM plans:
- $15 plan – unlimited talk and text and WiFi data
- $20 plan – unlimited talk, text and WiFi data plus 1GB of cellular data
- $30 plan – unlimited talk, text and WiFi data plus 2GB of cellular data
- $45 plan – unlimited talk, text and WiFi data plus 4GB of cellular data
- $60 plan – unlimited talk, text and WiFi data plus 6GB of cellular data
- $90 plan – unlimited talk, text and WiFi data plus 10GB of cellular data
All Republic GSM plans include voice roaming (calling, texting, and picture messaging but no data roaming) and tethering. When customers use up data included in a plan, they can upgrade to a higher priced option. Customers can also switch to a lower priced plan with less cellular data for the next monthly cycle. New GSM plans do not include international features. However, customers with GSM phones who travel can get a local SIM card and have service at local rates. New plans don’t include taxes and fees and they will be added to the monthly bill.
Republic’s new BYOP feature and Money Back Guarantee policy
Republic Wireless delays the launch of the its new Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) feature until August 11, 2016. This means that customers will not be able to purchase a SIM card kit for the BYOP. But carrier makes it clear that new phones which users can purchase from Republic already include SIM cards. To make up for the delay, customers will be able to order a SIM card for free on August 11, 2016. Customers will only have to pay $4 for shipping.
The carrier has also made a change in its Money Back Guarantee policy. Starting today, Money Back Guarantee will be 14 days for all phone purchases instead of previous 30 days.