RingPlus Adds Data Device Plans, New $2.99 Phone Plan And Discontinues Mad Truly Free Plan
After revamping its plan lineup recently, leaving only Mad Plans around, RingPlus continues to add more plans and even eliminates one from the new plan lineup. RingPlus adds Data Device Plans, three of them, that range from $5.99 to $21.99 plus tax. There is also a new $2.99 Mad Fun plan that includes 300 minutes, 300 SMS, 300 MMS and 300 MB of LTE data. However, RingPlus has also discontinued the Mad Truly Free Plan that was offering 50 SMS, 50 MMS, 50 MB, no overages and no top-ups since it’s sold out.
RingPlus Mad Plans
So, comparing to the plan offerings that were introduced few days ago, the new Mad plan lineup includes additional paid plan, $2.99 Mad Fun plan, and excludes the $0 Mad Truly Free Plan. The lineup currently looks like this:
- $2.99 Mad Fun Plan includes 300 minutes, 300 SMS, 300 MMS and 300 MB. The plan includes hotspot while overage rate is 5¢ per each.
- $9.99 Mad Feast Plan includes unlimited talk, unlimited SMS, unlimited MMS, 500 MB of LTE data. The plan includes hotspot while data overage rate is $15 per GB.
- $14.99 Mad Festival Plan includes unlimited talk, unlimited SMS, unlimited MMS, 1000 MB of LTE data. The plan includes hotspot while data overage rate is $12 per GB.
- $19.99 Mad Jubilee Plan includes unlimited talk, unlimited SMS, unlimited MMS, 2000 MB of LTE data. The plan includes hotspot while data overage rate is $10 per GB.
All Mad Plans use Sprint network to route calls unlike previous Ring Plus plans which have been routed through RingPlus first. As a result, they’ve included RingPlus Radio, ads, in-call apps which made them cheaper.
RingPlus Data Device Plans
Newly introduced Data Device Plans for tablets, hotspots and other offer three options:
- $5.99 Mad Light plan includes 500 MB of LTE
- $10.99 Mad Torch plan includes 1 GB of LTE
- $21.99 Mad Blaze plan includes 2 GB of LTE
Data Device Plans do not offer WiFi minutes but all include tethering. Overages are 5¢ per MB. Overages are drown from Top Up unless users purchase additional add-on data.
In addition to plan lineup change, the carrier has also changed the costs of additional services. Changing the phone number now costs $2.99 instead of 99¢ while phone changing is $4.99 instead of $1.99. To port in a number to RingPlus, customers need to pay $10.00 instead of $6.99.
To all costs of monthly plans and add-on services, RingPlus adds tax.