Selectel Wireless 4G LTE still not available
In the late August 2014, all prepaid news portals and blogs were buzzing about the unofficial rumor that Verizon MVNOs will soon get access to LTE. Actually, rumor started a bit earlier, on July 17, 2014, when Verizon Wireless announced availability of LTE on its prepaid Allset service plans. Since then, only one Verizon MVNO, Page Plus Cellular launched much-awaited LTE in October 2014. For other MVNOs including Selectel Wireless 4G LTE is still not available. There is no official info from the carrier about this subject.
Selectel Wireless made a few changes in their offerings in past few months. There are 9 wireless plans offered:
- $15 monthly Value Plan includes 300 nationwide talk minutes, 300 text and 15MB of 3G data.
- $17 monthly Home Phone Connect plan with 1000 nationwide talk minutes
- $30 monthly Talk and Text plan includes 1300 nationwide talk minutes, 3000 text and 500MB of 3G data
- $40 monthly Unlimited Plan includes unlimited nationwide talk, unlimited text and 200MB of 3G data
- $55 monthly Data User plan includes unlimited nationwide talk, unlimited text and 2GB of 3G data
- $75 Yearly plan includes 2000 nationwide talk minutes and 2000 text messages
The last three plans are Mobile Broadband:
- $20 monthly MiFi Data plan includes 1 GB of mobile broadband data usage
- $35 monthly MiFi Data plan includes 3 GB of mobile broadband data usage
- $50 monthly MiFi Data plan includes 5 GB of mobile broadband data usage
Selectel Wireless is currently running a promotion. With each new activation or if you add another line to your existing account, you will receive the Samsung llusion smartphone or Samsung Gusto3 feature phone for free with the purchase of a $30, $40 or $55 monthly plan. In addition, Selectel Wireless is offering Apple iPhone 4 for 149.99. Also, Selectel Wireless is no longer activating non-Verizon phones since July 2014.
Source: Selectel Wireless