Selectel Wireless Improves Most Plans, Boost Mobile Adds More Data To $35 Plan
Prepaid plan offerings of Verizon MVNO Selectel Wireless and Sprint’s prepaid brand Boost Mobile have just improved. Selectel Wireless improves most plans while Boost Mobile changes just one plan, $35, by adding more high speed data.
Selectel Wireless Improved Plans
Selectel’s $30, $40, $50 and $70 plans now include unlimited data instead of hard capped. Also, the $40 plan has been improved with 1GB of extra data so now it includes 3GB instead of 2GB. Some plans have also received more minutes, texts or data: $15 plan now has unlimited text and 50MB of data instead of 300 texts and 15 MB; $20 plan has unlimited text and 50MB of data instead of 500 texts and 2.5 MB and $30 plan offers unlimited minutes instead of 1500 min.
- $15 monthly plan for 3G phones – 300 voice minutes, unlimited text, 50 MB of data (was 300min, 15MB)
- $20 monthly plan – 500 voice minutes, unlimited text, 50 MB Data (was 500 texts, 2.5MB)
- $30 monthly plan –unlimited talk, text, MMS and data with 1 GB at high speed (was 1500min, 1 GB hard capped)
- $40 monthly plan – unlimited talk, text, MMS and data with 3 GB at high speed (was 2GB hard capped)
- $55 monthly plan – unlimited talk, text, MMS and data with 5 GB at high speed (was 5GB hard capped)
- $70 monthly plan – unlimited talk, text, MMS and data with 7 GB at high speed (was 7GB hard capped)
- $75 yearly plan for 3G phones – 2000 Minutes, 2000 texts
To add more minutes, texts or high speed data to any plan, there is a $10 Flex Card with 5¢per minute, text or MB. Selectel is a Verizon MVNO and therefore, LTE data is limited to 5Mbps. Voice roaming that used to be free before March now costs 25¢ per minute while free text roaming is still available.
Boost Mobile $35 Plan
Unlike Selectel, Boost Mobile improves just one plan. The $35 plan now includes 3GB of high speed data instead of 2GB. This change will start being effective today, May 16, 2017. In addition to 3GB of high speed data, the plan includes unlimited talk, text and data (throttled to around 128 Kbps), 50 roaming voice minutes, hotspot and free unlimited music streaming. After this change, Boost’s prepaid plan lineup looks like this:
- $35 plan ($30 with autopay) – unlimited talk, messaging and data with 3GB at high speed (was 2GB), 50 minutes of voice roaming, hotspot and unlimited free music streaming. Additional high speed data is available: $5/1GB and $10/2GB.
- $50 plan – unlimited talk, text and 4G LTE data, optimized video streaming at up to 480p, music at up to 500Kbps and gaming up to 2Mbps. Hotspot is limited to 8GB of 4G LTE data. HD streaming is available for extra $20 per month; video at up to 1080p+, music at up to 1.5Mbps and gaming at up to 8Mbps.
Boost also recently started offering new 4 lines $100 promotion with unlimited high speed data per line. The offer is good through June 1, 2017.