Straight Talk Increases Data on $45 and $60 Plans to 10GB and $55 to $15GB
TracFone subsidiary Straight Talk Wireless that operates on Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint networks, has improved it prepaid plan offerings. Ones again, Straight Talk increases data on the $45, $55 and $60 plans. The $45 plan receives data increase from 8 GB to 10 GB. The $55 plan that used to have 12 GB of high speed data now includes 15 GB. Also, the $60 international plan matches the $45 plan data-wise and therefore offers 10 GB of high speed data instead of 8 GB.
Straight Talk Promotion
At the beginning of this month, Straight Talk has started a promotion at Walmart stores that offered the same data increases on the $45 and the $55 plans. New customers and those who port-in their phone number to Straight Talk get 10 GB on the $45 plan and 15GB on the $55 plan, until November 20, 2017. However, the carrier has updated its website with these data allotments so it could be that increases are now a permanent offer available to all customers, new and existing.
Improved Straight Talk Plans
With these improvements, Straight Talk monthly plans include:
- $30 basic plan – includes 1500 voice minutes, unlimited texts and 100MB of data; enrolling in auto pay will earn 50% more data every month
- $35 plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 2GB at high speed
- $45 plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 10GB at high speed (was 8GB)
- $55 plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 15GB at high speed (was 12GB)
- $60 international plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 10GB at high-speeds (was 8GB) as well as unlimited mobile to mobile calling to Mexico, China, India and Canada and unlimited calls to select international landline destinations
When high speed data allotment is used up during a month, Straight Talk throttles data speeds to around 64Kbps until the next monthly cycle.