Tello Changes Plans, Includes Unlimited Texting with All Plans
Sprint MVNO Tello that launched in May last year has changed the pricing of its prepaid offerings. All plans now include unlimited texting instead of paying separately for it, $2 for 200 texts or $3 for unlimited text. Tello changes costs of the minutes and data bundles, too by increasing those with smaller amounts and decreasing those with higher allotments.
Instead of offering $0/no minutes, $3/100 minutes, $5/200 minutes, $7/300 minutes, $10/500 minutes or $15 for unlimited minutes, Tello is now charges $5 for 100 minutes, $7 for 200 minutes, $9 for 300 minutes, $11 for 500 minutes and the same $15 for unlimited talk.
For data, the carrier used to charge $0 for no data, $4 for 200 MB, $8 for 500 MB, $11 for 1 GB, $21 for 2 GB, $31 for 3 GB and $45 for 5 GB of data. Now, their data allotments cost $7 for 200 MB, $9 for 500 MB, $14 for 1 GB, $23 for 2 GB, $29 for 3 GB and $39 for 5 GB of data. Additionally, customers who choose 5 GB of data get 5 GB free.
Tello Minute and Data Bundles
After the latest change that adds unlimited texts to all plans, Tello minute and data bundles look like this:
- $0/no minutes, $5/100 minutes (was $3), $7/200 minutes (was $5), $9/300 minutes (was $7), $11/500 minutes (was $10) or $15 for unlimited minutes (unchanged)
- $0/no data, $7/200 MB (was $4), $9/500 MB (was $8), $14/1 GB (was $11), $23/2 GB (was $21), $29/3 GB (was $31) and $39/5 GB (was $45) + 5 GB free
On its blog, Tello is providing examples on which it shows the savings now that they’ve made these changes. Unlimited talk and text and 500 MB of data cost $19 per month (was $26), 1GB of data with unlimited service for $22 (was $29) or 2GB of data with unlimited talk and text for $29 per month (was $39).
Tello’s Ready-Made Plans
Just like before, customers can purchase ready-made plans which now also differ. First, all plans come with unlimited texting which wasn’t previously the case. Also all four plans include more minutes, more data and the costs have changed as well. In addition, the top plan, Data Savvy Plan, is now simply called Data Plan. All four ready-made plans with changes look like this:
- $11/month (was $9) Economy Plan – 200 minutes (was 100 min), unlimited text (was 200 texts) and 500 MB 4G LTE (was 200 MB)
- $22/month (was $21) Value Plan – unlimited talk (was 500 min), unlimited text and 1 GB of 4G LTE (was 500 MB)
- $35/month (was $39) Smart Plan – unlimited talk, unlimited text and 3 GB of 4G LTE (was 2 GB)
- $45/month (was $55) Data Plan – unlimited talk (was 500 min), unlimited text (was no text) and 5 GB + 5 GB free of 4G LTE (was 5 GB)
Minutes can be used for making calls to Canada and Mexico. The carrier throttles data speeds to 64Kbps after plan’s data allotment is used up during a month. It allows hotspot/ tethering and rolls over any remaining balance for the next 30 days. Customers can upgrade or downgrade instantly their plan anytime at no extra charge.