Tello Lowers Data Costs Ones Again on Select Plans
Sprint MVNO Tello made positive changes to its prepaid plans ones again in the short period of time. Only month and a half since the last improvement, Tello lowers data costs on higher priced allotments. The $23/2 GB data allotment now costs $20. The $29/3 GB data is now priced at $24 and $39/5 GB data option is now available for $34 (plus 5 GB free). As a result, carrier’s plans that previously were priced above $17 are now cheaper.
Tello Minute and Data Bundles
The costs of Tello minute allotments remain the same while the higher priced data bundles cost less. Also, since the previous plan update in October, all plans come with free unlimited texting. After this change, Telo minute and data bundles look like this:
- $0/no minutes, $5/100 minutes, $7/200 minutes, $9/300 minutes, $11/500 minutes or $15 for unlimited minutes
- $0/no data, $7/200 MB, $9/500 MB, $14/1 GB, $20/2 GB (was $23), $24/3 GB (was $29) and $34/5 GB (was $39) + 5 GB free
Tello’s Ready-Made Plans
Ready-made plans that carrier is offering are also affected with this positive change. Only the lowest priced $11 Economy Plan costs the same while the rest of the plans are more affordable.
- $11/month Economy Plan – 200 minutes, unlimited text and 500 MB 4G LTE
- $19/month (was $22) Value Plan – unlimited talk, unlimited text and 1 GB of 4G LTE
- $29/month (was $35) Smart Plan – unlimited talk, unlimited text and 3 GB of 4G LTE
- $39/month (was $45) Data Plan – unlimited talk, unlimited text and 5 GB + 5 GB free of 4G LTE
Minutes included in the plans can be used for making calls to Canada and Mexico. Hotspot/tethering is allowed. Carrier rolls over any remaining balance for the next 30 days. Customers can upgrade or downgrade instantly their plan anytime at no extra charge.