Ting Reduces Data Costs, $10 per GB after first GB
Sprint and T-Mobile MVNO Ting today announced positive change on its data pricing. Ting reduces data costs to make its plans more appealing to existing and new customers. The S level’s 100 MB of data remains available for $3 while all upper data levels offer lowers rates for the same allotments. The M level with up to 500 MB of data went from $12 to $10 per month. The L level with up to 1GB of data goes from $19 to $16; XL level that includes up to 2 GB now costs $20 instead of $29 and data beyond XL+ level is now a flat rate of $10 per GB.
The Ting made also a change on switching from decimal gigabytes to binary ones. It now counts 1024MB as GB of data instead of 1000MB as a gigabyte. This helps customers who accidently go over their data allotment not to get into a new gigabyte right away.
Ting’s minute and text allotments remain unchanged. After reducing data costs, Ting’s separate voice minutes, text messages and megabytes of data plans offer:
- XS level – $0 minutes, $0 global texts, $0 MB
- S level – $3 for 1-100 minutes, $3 for 1-100 global texts, $3 for 1-100 MB
- M level – $9 for 101-500 minutes, $5 for 101-1000 global texts, $10 for 101-500 MB (was $12 for up to 500 MB)
- L level – $18 for 501-1000 minutes, $8 for 1001-2000 global texts, $16 for 501-1GB (was $19 for up to 500 MB)
- XL level – $35 for 1001-2100 minutes, $11 for 2001-4800 global texts, $20 for 1GB-2GB (was $29 for up to 500 MB)
- XL+ level – $35 for 2101+ minutes (overage 1.9¢), $11 for 4801+ global texts (overage 1/4¢), $10 per 1GB (was $29 for 2001+ MB (overage 1.5¢))
New customers will get new lower data rates right away while current customers can expect to receive it on their first plan renewal from today. Ting customers pay $6 for activating a new number and for every new line added.
Source: Ting Blog