TracFone Reduces Cost of 1000 Text Message Card From $10 to $5
Last month, TracFone has changed most of its prepaid plan offerings for smartphones. It’s changed smartphone and BYOP plans; data airtime cards that offered four options have been replaced with only one choice, $10 for 1GB of data, and double minutes for life refills have been discontinued. Only a month after it, TracFone reduces cost of 1000 text message card from $10 to $5 so now additional text messages can be purchased for half a price.
TracFone originally added text add-on for smartphones and BYOP in April 2015 and since then, its cost has been $10. This card adds SMS messages that do not expire since the card doesn’t add service days. After this change, TracFone is offering following airtime options for smartphones and BYOP:
- $5 Text Message Card – includes 1000 texts (was $10)
- $10 Data Only Card – includes 1GB of data
- $15 smartphone and BYOP plan – 200 minutes, 500 texts and 200MB of data for 30 days
- $25 smartphone and BYOP plan– 500 minutes, 1000 texts and 500MB of data for 60 days
- $35 smartphone and BYOP plan – 750 minutes, 1000 texts and 1GB of data for 60 days
- $125 smartphone and BYOP plan – 1500 minutes, 1500 texts and 1.5GB of data for 365 days
- Pay As You Go Minute Cards – each card triples minutes included in it but adds that much texts and data too. For example $29.99/120 minutes card will give users 360 minutes, 360 texts and 360 MB of data per 90 days. Available options are: $9.99/30 minutes for 30 days; $19.99/60 minutes for 90 days; $29.99/120 minutes for 90 days; $39.99/200 minutes for 90 days; $79.99/450 minutes for 90 days and $99.99/400 minutes for 365 days.
TracFone operates on AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon network.