Ultra Mobile launched VoLTE
T-Mobile MVNO Ultra Mobile has announced that VoLTE (Voice over LTE) has arrived to its prepaid offerings. With this new addition, Ultra Mobile customers are able to make phone calls over LTE network instead of traditional way, over cellular voice network. Ultra Mobile launched VoLTE on February 19, 2016, nearly a month ago.
Access to Voice over LTE provides HD voice quality so customers can enjoy faster and smoother phone connection. However, in order to make calls over the LTE data network, both phones that take part in a phone call must meet certain requirements in order for VoLTE to work. That’s why Ultra Mobile has provided the list of the phones on its ‘Updates’ page that support Voice over LTE. The carrier also revealed for its users how exactly to enable VoLTE on each phone.
The list of the phones and instructions on how to VoLTE enable them includes:
- LG phones G Style, G3, G4 and Leon: Settings > Call > VoLTE On.
- Samsung Galaxy Note and Galaxy S Series: Phone > Keypad Tab > More Options > Settings > Call > Voice over LTE Settings > Use VoLTe when available.
- Samsung Galaxy Avant: Settings > Call > Voice over LTE Settings > Use VoLTE when available.
- Samsung Galaxy Light: Phone > Keypad Tab > More Options > Call Settings > VoLTE Settings.
- Google Nexus 6: Settings > More > Cellular Networks > Enhanced 4G LTE Mode On.
- HTC One M9: Settings > Call > More > Voice over LTE.
- Sony Xperia Z3: Settings > Call settings > Enable VoLTE.
Ultra Mobile is offering prepaid service plans that start at $19 per month. All plans include international calling features in addition to unlimited talk and text and high speed data allotments. Ultra is charging taxes and fees with all airtime purchases and plan renewals. It adds $1 value to $10.01 worth purchases or higher and $0.50 to $10.00 purchases or less.
Source: Ultra Mobile