Verizon MVNO ROK Mobile Adds Sprint BYOD Unlimited Plans
Verizon MVNO ROK Mobile has started offering prepaid plans on Sprint network ones again. Until December 2015, the carrier was operating on Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint networks only to ditch the later two and leave only Verizon-based service. ROK Mobile adds Sprint BYOD unlimited plans that offer 500MB, 1GB, 3GB and 5GB of 4G LTE data for $20, $30, $40 and $50 per month, respectively.
In addition, carrier continues to offer the $49 unlimited plan that comes with unlimited talk and text and 5GB of 4G LTE hard capped data on Verizon coverage. The plan also includes ROK Mobile’s Premium Life features. Carrier refers to Verizon-based service on its website as ROK Red.
ROK Mobile Sprint BYOD Plans
- $20 plan – unlimited talk and text, 500MB of hard capped data
- $30 plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 1GB at 4G LTE speed
- $40 plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 3GB at 4G LTE speed
- $50 plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 5GB at 4G LTE speed, Premium Life plan
ROK Mobile Verizon BYOD Plan
- $50 plan – unlimited talk and text, 5GB of 4G LTE hard capped data, Premium Life plan
Premium Life plan, which is part of both $50 plans, includes ROK Talk WiFi Calling App (500 minutes included per month), Roadside Assistance, $100,000 of Accidental Death Insurance, Up to $20,000 of Burial and Cremation Insurance, Family Legal Services, Telemedicine, Pharmacy Savings and ID Theft Insurance.
Also noticeable is that music streaming is not currently listed as available on the ROK Mobile’s website but carrier notes that “important changes are happening to ROK Music which may cause temporary interruptions in ROK Music.” Carrier also explains that they are working hard on the music app and that updates can be expected soon.
Source: ROK Mobile