Verizon MVNO Total Wireless Adds LTE
TracFone subsidiary Total Wireless has made yet another significant change to its prepaid offerings. In addition to increasing high speed data allotments on most of its plans recently, Verizon MVNO Total Wireless has started offering LTE. Up until now, this carrier was offering 3G data only but now that Total Wireless adds LTE, its newly improved single line $35 unlimited plan with 5GB of data (instead of 2.5GB) is even more competitive.
LTE on Total Wireless makes prepaid plans more appealing regardless of LTE data speeds being throttled to 5Mbps download and 2Mbps upload, just as with all other Verizon MVNOs.
Total Wireless adds LTE to single-line and shared data plans
- $25 single-line monthly plan – unlimited talk and unlimited text, no data
- $35 single-line monthly plan – unlimited talk, unlimited text and 5GB of data
- $60 two-line shared data monthly plan – unlimited talk, unlimited text and 8 GB of shared data
- $85 three-line shared data monthly plan – unlimited talk, unlimited text and 12 GB of shared data
- $100 four-line shared data monthly plan – unlimited talk, unlimited text and 15 GB of shared data
Data on Total Wireless are hard capped but customers can add additional 3 GB of high speed data with $10 card that doesn’t expire. Other TracFone subsidiaries include unlimited data but after high speed data allotment, they throttle data speeds to around 64Kbps. Most of other prepaid carriers reduce data speeds to more usable 128Kbps.
In addition to adding 4G LTE data to its offerings, Total Wireless has started selling some 4G LTE capable smartphones on its website: LG Premier for $129.99, Samsung Galaxy S5 for $349.99 and Samsung Galaxy S6 for $499.99. Customers can also bring their own device, check its compatibility and activate with Total Wireless service.
Total Wireless also provides 5% discount on every auto refill. To take advantage of 5% saving, customers need credit/debit card.
Source: Total Wireless