Verizon Prepaid $30 Basic Phone Plan No Longer Listed Online
Verizon Wireless has changed its prepaid service for feature phones. On its website, Verizon Prepaid $30 Basic Phone Plan is no longer listed. If it turns out that the plan is discontinued, customers will have no options left for activating basic phones, at least online.
Earlier, when Verizon removed the $15 basic phone plan from its website, customers were still able to activate it in stores or by calling Verizon’s customer support. Hopefully, that will be the case with the $30 Basic Phone Plan, too.
The $30 Basic Phone Plan used to include unlimited talk, text, MMS, unlimited text to U.S., Canada and Mexico and unlimited mobile web (2G, 3G). In case that the plan is no longer available to new customers, the next cheapest plan to active the service on would be the $40 smartphone plan with unlimited talk, text and data with 3 GB at high speed.
Customers who are already on the $30 Basic Phone Plan will probably be grandfathered so they will be able to keep the plan as long as they don’t change the phone or service plan.
Verizon Prepaid Plans Available Online
With basic phone plan disappearing from the website, customers can choose from Verizon prepaid smartphone plans and data only plans. There is also a family plan with discounts on adding more lines. The plans are:
Verizon Prepaid Smartphone Plans and Family Discounts
- $40 plan – unlimited talk, text and data with 3 GB at high speed ($10 off on 2-5 lines)
- $50 plan – unlimited talk, text and data with 7 GB at high speed ($15 off on 2-5 lines)
- $60 plan – unlimited talk, text and data with 10 GB at high speed ($20 off on 2-5 lines)
- $80 plan – unlimited talk, text and high speed data with data deprioritized during network congestion ($20 off on 2-5 lines)
Verizon Prepaid Data Plans
- $15 per week plan include 500MB of data
- $20 per month plan include 1GB of data
- $35 per two months plan include 2GB of data
- $60 per two months plan include 5GB of data
- $100 per two months plan include 10GB of data
The carrier is also offering international monthly features for $5 and $15 and Pay Per Minute options.
Source: Verizon Wireless