Verizon Prepaid Adds New 2GB Plan for $40/Month
Verizon Wireless has introduced a new monthly option to its prepaid plan offerings. To finish up the lineup of freshly added the $50/5GB and the $70/10GB plans, Verizon prepaid adds new 2GB plan for $40 a month. The new plan will be available starting today, February 21, 2017.
New Verizon prepaid $40/2GB plan also comes with unlimited talk and text and unlimited international texting from the U.S. to over 200 countries.
Verizon Prepaid Plan Lineup After Adding New $40/2GB Plan
- $40 monthly plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 2 GB at high speed – new
- $50 monthly plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 5 GB at high speed
- $70 monthly plan – unlimited talk, text and data with first 10 GB at high speed
Besides unlimited data throttled to 128Kbps when high speed data is used up (Always-On Data), customers get their unused 4G LTE data to roll over to the next 30 days. Also, each plan comes with international texting to more than 200 countries and hotspot.
Verizon Prepaid Basic Phone Plans
Besides these three smartphone plans, Verizon is offering basic phone plans to its prepaid customers, too. There are two options for feature phones:
- $15 monthly plan – 300 voice minutes or texts or MMS (in any combination) and unlimited mobile web (2G, 3G)
- $30 monthly plan – unlimited talk, text, MMS, unlimited text to U.S., Canada and Mexico and unlimited mobile web (2G, 3G)
The carrier is currently running a Walmart exclusive promotion in which is offers additional 2GB of high speed data to the $50 and the $70 smartphone plans. In order to receive extra data, customers must have Walmart SIM and presumably contact customer support at (888) 294-6804.
Source: Verizon Wireless